I will take a quick break from my writing challenge this morning to talk about a lovely surprise I received in my mailbox today. I was nominated by the blogger, Vintage Sapience for the Versatile Blogger Award–thank you so much for reading and recommending me! Vintage Sapience is a beautiful collection of poems, quotes and inspirational posts following the author’s exploration of life and writing. I highly recommend checking it out for a morning boost.
I have seen the Versatile Blogger Award making its rounds on WordPress, and think it’s such a beautiful idea. Wordpress has served as a consistently supportive and positive community of new and seasoned writers, and this award is a lovely way to spread the word about other bloggers you follow and enjoy. Here are the rules (bored from Vintage Sapien’s instructions):
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven (7) different facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen (15) blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees.
7 Facts about me:
- I am an actor and writer with a side job as an admin assistant in a North Jersey school. One of my additional side gigs is writing wedding venue descriptions, which means I’m overly and obsessively aware of rooms with wainscoting or “rustic charm.”
- I once hiked the Camino De Santiago in Spain (a good chunk of my writing subject matter) and plan to go back in the next several years…or possibly very soon.
- I have two kitties, Viola and Tiber, and dream of owning an African Gray Parrot.
- I have an unhealthy love of pickles/pickle juice, especially at strange hours of the day.
- I love to cook but am terrible at following recipes–which is why I am a horrific baker.
- I consider myself a practicing Buddhist even though I was raised Catholic and seem to have a thing for Catholic pilgrimages.
- My husband is awesome and I highly recommend reading his plays:)
One response to “Versatile Blogger Awards!”
Congrats on your award, Ginny, and I am so honored to be included in your list. It means a lot to me!